Brother All-In-One Printers
Brother all-in-one printers come with a variety of features that make them useful for the home or office. They can print, scan, copy, and fax paperwork or photos. Some have wireless capabilities, while others are designed to connect to your computer with cables.How do you use a Brother printer?
Before you can use a Brother all-in-one printer, follow these steps to set up a wireless network.
- Step 1: Find your network name and network key. This can be found on your WLAN access router.
- Step 2: Connect the printer to a power source and turn it on. Press menu on the printer and choose Network.
- Step 3: Click on the Setup Wizard and click WLAN Enable. This starts the setup process.
- Step 4: Choose your SSID and follow the steps given to activate the all-in-one printer.
There are several ways to fax paperwork to this printer.
- Step 1: Check for a dial tone. You may have to connect the telephone line to the printer to get a dial tone.
- Step 2: Place the paper in the Automatic Document Feeder and press Fax. Enter the fax number and then press Start.
- Step 3: If you are using the flat scanner, lay the sheet face down on the scanner and press Fax. Enter the fax number and press Start.
Wireless printers allow you to connect all of your electronic devices to the printer, including your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or desktop. They also provide:
- Networking: Wireless all-in-one printers use Wi-Fi to automatically accept your documents without having to be near the device.
- Multifunction: All-in-one printers use Wi-Fi to print, create a copy, or fax documents.
- Internet printing: Multiple people can send their papers to a single printer from their own PCs or laptops without a cable connection.
Laser printers and inkjet printers use different technology to print documents.
- Laser printers use a fine powder toner and a heated fuser to bond the pigment to the paper. These printers are typically used to print large photos or images.
- Inkjet printers spray liquid ink through microscopic nozzles onto the piece of paper.