Learn more about Wedding Chair Covers
Wedding chair covers, also referred to as banquet chair covers or chair linens, are designed to create a formal atmosphere for social gatherings like a wedding or an upscale banquet. You are provided with a variety of colors and styles of chair covers that can be used to fit the occasions. To further dress up the scene, sashes can be used around the chair in addition to add color or decorative touches to the wedding.
How are chair covers placed on?
There are two main types of formal chair covers available. The type of covering will determine how to place the chair covers onto the chair.
- Stretch fabric chair covers: Stretch fabric chair covers are made from materials such as spandex or Lycra. To secure these chair covers, you simply place the covering over your chair and secure them under each leg of the chair.
- Fitted chair covers: Fitted chair covers are made from linens such as silk, satin, or polyester. These chair coverings usually fit over the back of the chair and hang down around the bottom of the chair base like a skirt. Using silk, satin, or organza sashes to secure the linen in place around the chair adds a soft yet noticeable detail.
How do you clean wedding chair covers?
The manner in which formal chair covers are cleaned depends on the type of linen they are crafted from.
- Spandex: Hand-washing spandex banquet chair covers in lukewarm water with a mild detergent is recommended. Gently knead the material and rinse away soap with cool, clear water thoroughly without twisting or wringing as this can stretch the spandex out of shape.
- Satin, silk, and polyester: Machine wash the polyester linen coverings with warm water on a gentle wash cycle. Use a mild detergent that is free of alkaline agents. You can use a small amount of bleach for chair covers in white. Tumble dry on a low heat cycle and press the material with a cool iron to ensure the shape of the linens for the chairs is maintained.
- Velvet: Soak a clean, soft cloth in a bucket filled with a dish soap and water solution. Use the cloth to blot out stains or dirt spots that appear on the velvet fabric. Allow the fabric to air-dry using a fan or other means to ensure fast drying.
What are wedding or banquet chair covers?
Wedding or banquet-style chair covers are fabric overlays that are placed on a chair used for an event like a wedding or banquet. These formal chair covers can be used with a folding, wooden, or metal banquet style chair to give the event a cohesive look and more formal feel.