Basic Introduction to JVC Camera USB Cables
Japan Victor Company (JVC) is a Japanese corporation that manufactures consumer electronics. JVC produces a variety of camera models, as well as a diverse array of cables meant to connect these cameras to a variety of accessories. Find a cable that is designed to be compatible with your cable, whether you're looking to connect your camera to your television for easy viewing, or to your computer for uploading files.What types of cables are used with these cameras?
Most of the cameras made by this company are designed to be compatible with Mini-USB cords. These cords feature a male Mini-USB connector on one end and a standard USB connector on the other end. Mini-USB connectors can be identified by their trapezoidal shape, and they are larger than Micro-USB connectors.What lengths are these cables available in?
These cables are offered in many different lengths. Short cords are designed for applications when your device is only a short distance away from the computer, and long cords are designed for situations in which you need extra length. Some of the lengths offered include:
- One foot
- Three feet
- Six feet
- Ten feet
These USB cables are mainly manufactured in two different colors. These colors are:
A retractable USB cable can be extended or retracted around a reel. These cables feature a thin cord that is wound around a spring-loaded central wheel. When these cables are extended, they will click into place at their maximum length. They can be triggered to automatically retract with a gentle tug.How do you connect these cables to a computer?
After you've gotten your hands on a cable that's designed to be compatible with your camera, follow these steps to connect your photography device to a computer:
- Insert the Mini-USB end of the cable into the appropriate port on your camera. This port will be labeled, and it will be covered by a rubber protective mechanism.
- Insert the standard USB end of the cable into a USB port on your computer. This port should be USB 2.0 or higher.
- Boot up the computer, and turn on the camera. Using Finder on an Apple computer or File Explorer on a Windows computer, access the file system of your computer.
- Click the sidebar heading for your photography device. This heading will list the model name of your device.
- Within this heading, you'll find a folder that contains the images and videos that have been captured by your device. You can delete files, transfer data, or view images by exploring this folder.
- When you're done accessing the data on your device, turn off your camera, and disconnect it from your computer.