A Buyer's Guide to Selecting Targus 17-inch Laptop Cases and Bags
Laptop cases and bags make it easier to carry and transport your laptop computer and its accessories when you are on the go. The cases also provide some protection for your laptop when it is not in use. There are many styles and features to consider when selecting Targus 17-inch laptop cases and bags for your computer.What are the available types of Targus bags for laptops?
The available types of bags include:
- Backpack: This style is worn on the back.
- Briefcase: Briefcase bags are rigid in construction and typically have handles.
- Portfolio: Portfolio styles of bags open like an accordion.
- Shoulder/messenger: These bags are worn on the body and have a flap that fits over the top for closure of the main compartment.
- Sleeve: This type of case fits around the edges of the computer.
These bags may be made from:
- Canvas: Canvas is a woven material made from 100% cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester.
- Leather: Leather may be used for the entire bag. It may also be used just for the bag's strap to take advantage of its strength.
- Neoprene or polyurethane: Neoprene and polyurethane are synthetic materials used for the exterior portions of some cases.
- Nylon: Nylon is typically used for the interior lining or the straps of the bag.
- Polyester: Polyester is typically used for the interior lining or pockets of these bags.
Some of the features of these cases from Targus include:
- Storage pockets: The bags may have one or more pockets for storage of computer accessories. The pockets may be on the inside or the outside of the cases.
- Handles: Two short handles may be attached to the top of the bag so that you can carry it in one hand.
- Cross-body strap: The case may have one adjustable cross-body strap for wearing the bag on the front or side of your body.
- Backpack straps: The bag may have twin adjustable straps that fit over your shoulders and rest on your back for evenly distributing the weight of the computer.
- Padding: The part of the bag that touches your back may have padding stitched between the interior and exterior layers of material.
To make sure that your computer fits in a Targus bag, use a measuring tape that measures in units of inches. The screens of a laptop must be measured from the upper left corner to the lower right corner. Laptop screens that measure 17 inches or less on the diagonal will fit into these bags.What are the available colors for the computer cases?
These computer cases are available in solid colors such as black and gray. They are also available in color combinations such as black and gray or gray and navy blue. The zippers and trim on the bags are typically made in a coordinating color.