SpongeBob SquarePants Game Pieces and Parts
Since debuting on Nickelodeon in 1999, "SpongeBob SquarePants" has been beloved by both children and adult cartoon fans. The notoriety of the cartoon has, no doubt, led to a demand for toys and merchandise, including board games and pieces. SpongeBob and the rest of the characters from the show have been licensed for a variety of board games.What SpongeBob SquarePants board games are there?
There are SpongeBob SquarePants editions of the following games:
- The Game of Life
- Scene It
- Connect Four
Thankfully for SpongeBob SquarePants fans, it's easy to find character game tokens or pieces that can be added to existing generic games or replace misplaced tokens. Many of them are not intended to be a complete game set; however, complete SpongeBob SquarePants games are also available for purchase.Are these games and pieces suitable for young children?
Since "SpongeBob SquarePants" is a Nickelodeon cartoon, the game tokens are targeted toward a young audience. Many of the games in which the tokens can be incorporated are intended for children age seven and up. If your children are fans of classic board games, these pieces will be appropriate.What characters are there in SpongeBob SquarePants?
The series "SpongeBob SquarePants" is centered around the main character, SpongeBob, but it also includes his many interactions with various other characters around his fictional underwater hometown of Bikini Bottom. Some of the frequently appearing characters include:
- Patrick Star - A starfish who is SpongeBob's best friend and neighbor.
- Squidward Tentacles - A squid who lives next door to SpongeBob and is well-known for being boring.
- Sandy Cheeks - An intelligent squirrel who lives underwater in a self-made tank to conduct research
- Mr. Krabs - A money-hungry crab who runs the local burger shop where SpongeBob and Squidward work.
- Plankton - An evil little plankton that torments SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs while trying to steal their secret burger formula.
It varies from game to game. Most Spongebob games will allow anywhere from two to eight players; however, you should feel free to incorporate as many players as you wish. These additional Spongebob Squarepants tokens let you play with more players than what the normal version of the game would allow, although, it should be noted that some games have a max player limit.