The Premier Go-Kart Racing Franchise Comes to the Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a fast-paced and hectic kart racing game which features classic Nintendo characters such as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and much more. Whether you buy it sealed, used, or like new, this Nintendo Switch game is an enhanced update for the original Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. It features both local and online multiplayer modes.Which features were added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
In addition to all of the features from the original, the deluxe edition adds the following:
- All DLC - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe includes all of the extra downloadable content ever released for the original. The DLC features new vehicles, racers, and tracks, and for the first time in franchise history, it introduces content from other Nintendo properties such as The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero.
- Enhanced resolution - The game runs at 1080p and 60 frames per second while docked. It also runs at 720p and 60 FPS in handheld mode.
- New racers - The game adds more uncommon characters such as Bowser Jr., King Boo, Dry Bones, and the Splatoon Inklings.
- Gameplay enhancements - The game adds new items and new types of Battle Modes.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe supports the use of the Joy-Cons, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, and the motorbike controller from the Nintendo Labo kit. The Wii and Wii U controllers are not compatible with the game, however.Is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe exclusive to the Switch?
The game is compatible with both the Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo Switch Lite. However, if you are playing it on the Nintendo Switch Lite, then you can only play it in handheld mode.How do you play multiplayer?
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes with several different multiplayer options. Once you navigate to the multiplayer screen, you can access the following modes:
- Split-screen multiplayer - This local multiplayer mode supports up to four players with only one Switch and one copy of the game. However, you will need one Pro controller or Joy-con per player. The Nintendo Switch comes with a pair of Joy-Cons out of the box.
- Wireless multiplayer - This mode lets you connect multiple Switches together through a wireless connection. Eight people can play at one time with either eight systems, four systems using two-person split-screen, or two systems using four-person split-screen.
- Online multiplayer - You can play with up to 12 friends or strangers from anywhere in the world. This requires a Wi-Fi connection and a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo.