Mizuno Golf Clubs
Mizuno is a Japanese sports equipment and apparel manufacturing company, and it manufactures a number of golf clubs for use at the driving range, on the putting green, or playing a round of golf. Its products can be sold as either single clubs or as a complete set. Irons and drivers are manufactured for both left-handed and right-handed players, made out of a number of different materials, and designed to fit a variety of play styles.
Which types of golf clubs are available?
When you are considering purchasing Mizuno golf clubs, there are many different types you can choose from. Each of the golf clubs serve a specific purpose in the set. Here are the types of clubs it produces:
- Irons: Irons are designed primarily to be used on the fairway as you are approaching the green, and these clubs are numbered between three and nine. However, it is possible to find irons that are numbered at one, two, and 10. The higher the number, the more loft it has and the higher the ball travels in the air.
- Drivers: These are designed to be hit from the tee and are meant to be your first shot on longer holes. These typically consist of a long shaft and a large head in order to ensure maximum speeds. This club provides the most distance of all the clubs in a set.
- Hybrids: These offer a type of mixture of different golf clubs that allow you to use them from long distances or for shorter shots when you are within 100 yards of the hole. They are similar to drivers, but the faces of the clubs are smaller and have more loft to allow for increased control. These are also called woods or fairway woods.
- Wedges: These are designed to provide you with a substantial amount of loft and are meant to be used in a variety of short distance situations, whether you need to place the ball accurately on the green or are hitting out of sand or rough hazards.
- Putters: These are designed specifically to be used when you reach the green. They are fashioned in a way that boosts rolling and provides hardly any lift to the ball.
What are the different flex types?
When you are choosing one of these golf clubs, you will have a variety of flex types from which to select. The flex types available include extra stiff, stiff, regular, seniors, and ladies, which is in order from the stiffest to the most flexible. In general, it is believed that the faster and more powerful your swing is, the stiffer the shaft should be. However, this is not always the case as the type you use largely depends on how you feel as you swing the club.
What does the loft of a club refer to?
The loft of a golf club refers to the exact angle of the club face, which dictates the trajectory of the ball and the distance that it travels. The loft on these Mizuno clubs ranges from nine degrees up to 62 degrees. The higher the loft, the shorter the ball will travel, which is why wedges that are designed to be used close to the green have high-loft amounts.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mizuno.