LifeProof Cases and Covers for iPhone 6
Most iPhone cases are built to protect smartphones from normal wear and tear, including scratches and accidental falls. LifeProof iPhone 6 cases are designed for people with different lifestyles, from homebodies to those involved in outdoor sports like hiking, biking, or rock climbing. These cases provide extra features for protection while also allowing full access to text messaging, calling, internet browsing, and other iPhone capabilities.What are the specifications of LifeProof cases for iPhone 6?
LifeProof iPhone 6 cases are made to be an exact fit. They measure 5.9 inches tall and 3.1 inches in width, with a depth of about half an inch and a weight of 1.23 ounces. They meet both the U.S. military standards on drop tests and the IP-68 Ingress Protection standards for water and dust protection. All cases and covers are factory water-tested twice, and only those that pass these tests are available. Some versions also include a complete screen protector that helps keep the screen safe while still allowing touch functionality.What specific protections do LifeProof iPhone 6 cases offer?
LifeProof designs cases to help keep phones safe in different environments, so that people can keep in contact with friends and family, access maps, and take photos regardless of rugged terrain, water adventures, or snowfall. The cases are designed to provide protection without compromising iPhone functionality. Some of these protections include the following:
- Water resistance: LifeProof products aim to protect iPhones in water up to a depth of about six feet for an hour. This allows pictures to be taken in shallow water without fear of damage and helps protect the phone against rainfall and snowfall.
- Dirt resistance: The cases protect phones from dust or dirt for up to eight hours. This allows users to make calls or otherwise use their phones on construction sites, while hiking, or when out on the beach.
- Shock resistance: In tests, LifeProof products keep iPhones safe when dropped from heights of up to 6.6 feet.
- Scratch resistance: LifeProof Fre cases include a protective screen, so the case provides complete coverage of the iPhone. Users can still utilize the iPhone 6's touchscreen, and the case prevents most scratches from keys or tools.
There are two different types of cases available, the LifeProof Nuud and LifeProof Fre. They are both the same size and water resistant to some extent. While they don't have the same choices, each model has a variety of color options. All LifeProof cases offer protection against the elements, but there are some differences.
- LifeProof Nuud: These cases do not have screen protectors. This allows greater touchscreen access as well as full functionality of the iPhone's Touch ID features. The case still has sealed ports to protect against dirt and water as well as structural supports for shocks and drops.
- LifeProof Fre: These covers offer a variety of features, including a full screen protector, an anti-glare glass camera lens, and access to the phone's main features as well as the drop, dust, and water protections.