Finding the Right Windows XP Laptop or Netbook
For those who value portability without compromising function, a Windows XP Lenovo netbook or laptop may be the right choice. These laptops allow users to perform most tasks that users can perform on a desktop computer. There are many options available, many of which still ship with Windows XP for those who like that particular operating system.
Is a Notebook or a Netbook Better?
Many people struggle when deciding between a typical Windows laptop or a netbook. Luckily, by considering the advantages of each, it can be easy to come to a decision.
- For those who want something lightweight and easy to carry, a netbook is the obvious choice. Netbooks have more battery life than most other laptops, due to their small size, and can still contain features like Bluetooth, HDMI ports, full keyboards, and even powerful graphics cards.
- While netbooks certainly can be powerful, on average they are less powerful than their notebook counterparts. Notebooks generally have more RAM than netbooks, and also tend to have more powerful processors, especially gaming laptops, like a quad-core i7 processor or the dual-core i5.
What Should I Look for in a Laptop?
The main question users should ask when deciding which type of Windows computer to purchase is how they will primarily be using the device.
- For those who plan on doing heavy computing, a fast processor is optimal. It is, therefore, good to look for a gaming laptop or other high-performance option with higher specifications.
- Another main consideration is the operating system. There are many operating systems to choose from, including Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 10. While Windows 10 is more recent, many people prefer XP as it is a treasured operating system to which many are still accustom.
- Luckily, even when buying an older system with XP or Windows 8, users do not have to worry about driver compatibility. Regardless of which drivers come with the system, it is easy to add the latest drivers once the laptop has been purchased.
What Are Some Windows Laptop Options in the ThinkPad Series?
Lenovo has many lineups available, including the IdeaPad and the ThinkPad. The Thinkpad is a popular option that spans many different iterations of laptops.
- The ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th generation offers 1 TB of SSD hard-drive space, allowing users to open files in the blink of an eye.
- The ThinkPad P51 can have up to 64 GB of memory for optimal performance, and can ship with an i5 or i7 Intel core processor.
- Certain ThinkPads are 2-in-1s, which are a type of tablet, like the ThinkPad X1 Tablet 3rd generation. These tablets have lots of battery life and also have detachable keyboards, meaning they can either be set up as a laptop or have the keyboard removed to become a tablet.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lenovo.