Clairol Black Hair Color Products
Dying hair involves altering the color of one's hair using a blend of dyes and other ingredients. With the right products, men and women can go from blonde, red, or brown hair to having a jet-black mane. There are a variety of Clairol products ranging from dark to black shades that can help customers make changes to their hair.How long do Clairol hair color products last?
Clairol offers beauty products for different needs, including those that are quickly washed out after a few shampoos and others that are more permanent.
- Temporary hair color products will change the hair for a specific amount of time, usually expressed in how many washes it takes before it comes out.
- Demi-permanent color products last between two and three months, depending on how often the hair is washed.
- Semi-permanent hair color lasts an average of six weeks and tends to fade progressively as a more subtle process than other dyeing products.
- A permanent hair color product will last between four and six weeks before it begins fading, which usually begins to show at the roots, and can last a little longer if the individual uses a root touch-up product in addition to the coloring.
A black Clairol hair product is the darkest dye that the customer can select, and it is designed to work on most hair types. The key to getting the right dark look from these products is to make sure that the individual applies the color evenly during the process and to avoid getting the color on the skin around the hairline. If the user decides to switch back to a lighter hair color, they will need to use a color removing product before applying the new lighter color to the hair.How do you apply Clairol products to your hair?
All Clairol products come with detailed instructions to walk the individual through the coloring process to help achieve the desired color shade without any mistakes. These are the basic steps that need to be followed:
- Wash the hair with shampoo without applying conditioner at least 24 hours prior to the application. This step will help the color hold to the natural oils in the hair.
- Cover the shoulders with a towel or cape to prevent any of the product from staining the clothing.
- Use a petroleum jelly product to protect the hairline so that the dye is less likely to stain the skin.
- Follow the instructions on the box for mixing the product and application times.
- Once the process is complete, thoroughly rinse out the product until the water is clear. Wait at least an hour afterward to apply shampoo and conditioner. Then, the individual can style as usual.