Choosing The Right Bluetooth Printer
A wireless printer with Bluetooth connectivity provides a very convenient way of printing documents on demand. Models can differ in many important ways and companies like Brother produce a lot of different designs, so picking the right printer for your home or office takes some research.
What Are the Benefits of a Bluetooth Printer?
- Unlike USB connections, a Bluetooth connection doesnt need a cable. This reduces the amount of clutter on your desk. It also makes mobile printing a lot more practical, so its great for businesses that are often on the move.
- Because Bluetooth is such a popular wireless network standard, you can connect to your printer from a wide range of compatible devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This makes it easy to print on the go and also enables easy printing directly from cloud storage services. It also means that you can easily send print jobs from several devices, which is useful for an office printer.
Which Types of Bluetooth Printer Can I Choose From?
- Inkjet printers use jets of ink to print your document or image. They can print onto a wide range of materials and are very good for printing images. However, the ink cartridges need to be replaced quite often and print heads will sometimes need cleaning.
- Laser printers are a lot faster than ink printers, so they are more suitable for high-volume document printing. Toner cartridges last for a long time which helps to make laser printers popular in offices, especially models with a large paper capacity and an output tray. They can be monochrome or color, although a color laser printer still may not give you the same image quality as an inkjet when printing very detailed images.
- Thermal printers arent often used in the home but many businesses find them indispensable. They are often used as receipt or label printers. Companies like Brother often make lightweight thermal mobile printers for use in stores and restaurants.
What Features Can Bluetooth Printers Have?
- Just because a printer can use Bluetooth doesnt mean that it has to. Some models also feature alternative connectivity methods. You may also be able to connect to a computer or mobile device using a USB cable or Wi-Fi connection. This extends its compatibility with your devices.
- Depending on the type of printing you do, you may need special modes on your device. If you want to print labels or other non-standard jobs, look for a model that features the specialized functions that you need.
- Do you just need a printer or do you also want to scan documents? An all-in-one printer can also be used for scanning and copying so it is very versatile.
- When choosing a mobile printer, look at how much battery lifetime it offers. Running out of battery in the middle of a shift is less than ideal.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Brother.