Bright Red Hair Color Products
Many people don't come by their red hair naturally. Instead, they decide to dye their hair in a vibrant color. If you're thinking about doing the same, you'll need to consider the products that you'll use for the original color treatment as well as upkeep.How do you color your hair red?
If you're going for a bright red hair color, there are some products you'll need to buy to make sure that you have the best experience.
- Bright hair color dye: This is the main component when going bright red. Choose either the permanent or temporary version of whatever shade you choose. These shades range from light to dark, and a few examples include flame, sunset, and wild rose.
- Bleach: If you are a brunette, there is a good chance that you'll have to bleach your hair before you can achieve the color you want, especially if you want to sport a bright shade. Bleach strips your hair of color, allowing it to hold the bright red color better. If you have blonde or light colored hair, you don't have to worry: Brighter shades of red take to blonde or light hair more easily.
- Color-safe shampoo: After you've colored your hair a shade of red, you'll need a shampoo that keeps your hair protected and your color bright.
- Color-safe conditioner: Conditioner helps to prevent breakage. It also keeps red hair vibrant, smooth, and detangled. Regular use of conditioner is also essential if you are bleaching your hair first.
When looking at red hair color, you'll need to choose from one of three types of hair color:
- Permanant color: This type of hair dye lasts the longest because it embeds color deeply into hair and provides full coverage.
- Semi-permanent: This product is for those who are unsure if they want to make a full commitment to a red hair color. It will provide a vibrant tone whether you have dark hair or blonde hair. It will eventually fade and wash away.
- Temporary: Temporary hair coloring only lasts for a few weeks and tends to fade progressively. It's natural looking.
There is some upkeep required if you have red hair color. You'll want to avoid over-washing your hair while using appropriate cleaning and styling products. You'll have to do touch-ups when it comes to red hairstyles, so make sure you find a product line that is safe, nourishing, and provides the right color for you.