ATV, Side-by-Side & UTV Racks & Luggage
When you are riding your ATV, the proper rack or piece of luggage can go a long way toward making your trip more convenient. Whether you are hauling your hunting gear or just want to have more utility and efficiency options, choosing the right rack or piece of luggage is important.
What types of ATV luggage storing options are available?
There are many storage options for your ATV. What solution you choose will depend on factors like which features youre looking for and what type of riding you plan to do.
- Front or rear luggage racks: Youll want to decide if you want a storage solution that is designed to fit on either the front or back of an ATV. Rear configurations are useful because you can usually haul more luggage with better visibility. Front racks can be convenient if you need easy access to equipment.
- Hard racks: Hard luggage racks are great for protecting valuables or storing items that could easily become damaged when driving on rougher trails. They are usually built of solid materials like polypropylene. They can also be made of aluminum or steel for added protection, corrosion resistance, and durability.
- Soft racks: These are lightweight and flexible. Some can even be used for added seating. They can be simple to attach and load. Many are also equipped with side compartments that can easily be removed from your quad and cleaned.
- Trunk racks: These trunks can be a great choice for anyone who is looking for a utility-friendly and diverse storage option. Youll be able to choose a trunk rack that fits on either the front or rear of your ATV. These racks are designed using durable and rigid materials that can stand up to just about anything. These ATV racks are usually attached using U-bolts or hook and loop straps.
- Cargo boxes: Cargo or tool boxes are a fantastic way to store objects in the bed of your ATV. They help you to keep organized and protect luggage from the elements.
- Bags: There are a few different types of bags that are also pretty easy to attach to your ATV for storage. These include tank, fender, and handlebar bags. These luggage carriers can be very useful for storing smaller items or for bringing the necessities with you when youre traveling light.
What features should you look for in a luggage rack?
It is important to decide which features you most value when storing or hauling items on your ATV.
- Locking security features: Many ATV luggage racks offer locking or security features to help ensure that your equipment is protected around the clock.
- Water-resistant: Metal and hard racks are usually water-resistant, which can add to their usefulness and general durability. Some soft racks are also coated with water-repellent polyurethane.
- Added rear seating: These ATV racks are designed with a cushion in the middle of the storage areas so that you will have additional room for sitting on the back end of your ATV.
- Headlight obstruction: If youre going to be riding at night, it is important to choose front racks that can hold your luggage without obstructing your headlights. Many front luggage racks are designed to leave plenty of room for your lights to stay clear and visible.